Which exams come under UPSC?
The “SANGH LOG SEVA AYOG “- UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION, is a Premier Central Recruiting agency for the Welfare of the Government of India. Clearly, this is responsible for examinations for all Indian services, Armed Forces of the Union of India, cadres as well as Central services. However, UPSC conducts nearly about 10 exams that consist of the latest UPSC syllabus for preparation that is mainly as follow-
Latest UPSC syllabus for students:-
NDA- National Defense Academy Examination.
CDSE- Combined Defense Services Examination
CMSE- Combined Medical Service Examination
SCRA – Special Class Railway Apprentice
CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces Examination
ISSE –Indian Statistical Service Examination
IESE –Indian Economic Service Examination
CSE – Civil Services Examination
ESE –Engineering Services Examination
IFSE – Indian Forest Service Examination
Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination
Lastly, Naval Academy Examination
Above all, there are other Civil services exams that fall under the UPSC and to crack these exams UPSC Preparation must be potent.
WHY UPSC is conducted?
The Union Public Service Commission has come under Article 315 of the constitution of India. Moreover, It traced its first origin in 1926 and in 1935, the Federal Public Services Commission was established.
There is definitely a great need for UPSC test specifically Democratic counties like Our India. Therefore, the main reason behind this -is that Powerful as well as effective unification is required between various institutions of administrations. UPSC syllabus of General Knowledge is all about the history of India.
The reasons why it is conducted:-
Firstly, It is important to conduct the exam for maintaining disciplinary matters in civil services including petitions.
To promote or claim a person for serving Civil Capacity.
It is important for matters claiming for pension with respect to injuries serving civil services.
Most importantly, it is conducted for recruitment for civil posts, transfers, and promotions. The best part is civil services executives proffer frank, importantly, unbiased opinions to the government.
This is the main duty of the Union Public Service Commission to suggest for different matters referred to them. After that, it includes that the president need not make any decisions that are not important for UPSC to be asked.
What UPSC expect from the candidate?
Earlier Chairman of UPSC “DP AGGARWAL” has given very thoughtful as well as inspirational tips to all the candidates.
So, just go through the following point that helps you to know what UPSC wants from Candidates.
1) His first Wording Was “respect your society and culture. Learn more about your country language and Yes, Equip yourself before going for Civil services Job.
2) He put focused on deep concept by saying that 70 % of engineering as well as Science students appear for this subject. Moreover, They opt for humanities like subjects like social science or moral science as optional in their course.
3) Consequently, he was curious for those aspirants who are regular readers of newspapers. However, the appearing candidate should always read newspapers and get updated with recent stories happening in the world.
UPSC Hindi syllabus
4) Therefore, the most prominent thing according to him is a candidate must be aware of his/ her district, village, state, country before gathering information about the whole world. This will be helpful during their interview. In addition to this, UPSC syllabus in Hindi makes everyone understand who don’t understand it
5) Last but not least, he has submitted his comments on the Topic of Interview, he said, if a candidate is not able to recall the answers, what he has studied cannot be ignored. Moreover, in the interview, questions are usually easy. Moreover, A candidate must speak through a heart with honesty. So, be yourself and give your best.
How did the UPSC attempt count?
Now the question rise, If a candidate applies for the UPSC Exam but doesn’t sit on the day of the test, meanwhile will this be considered as an attempt or not?
As per the latest Notification of UPSC civil exam,
- If a student appears in any one paper of preliminary exams, the candidate will be presumed to have made appeared at the examination.
- Disqualification/ Cancellation of exam of a particular candidate, but at that time, consequently this will be considered as an attempt.
- If a candidate applies for the exam but fails to reach or turn up, unfortunately, it will be taken into consideration.
Attempts for the exam as per categories
So, Dear candidates, don’t rush up, when the forms are out, think wisely and take a step before filling it. If you are prepared for this or have any uncertain issues, don’t fill it. It will be counted.
According to the UPSC survey, nearly about 10 lakhs students apply for this exam but only half appear to take the test.
The UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION has offered to the BJP government, if a candidate applies to take the test but unfortunately won’t be able to take the test, it definitely considered as a handful of attempts.
The proposal said that they have started UPSC preparation for all papers and applications. They printed and centers roped in. But, a number of candidates don’t turn up. Therefore, it is a quite bad part that reflects the personality of the student who has the desire to serve his country.
Presently, General Category candidates are allowed 6 attempts and the OBC category can apply for nine.
Will UPSC syllabus Change?
Generally, the UPSC syllabus doesn’t change every year. Most of the candidates follow the old papers. But if in any way, The UPSC change the syllabus, a UPSC notification definitely comes from their side before the test.
General studies, as well as general Knowledge, will obviously get changed each year, therefore, a candidate should always update himself with the latest news. For this, they don’t have any particular syllabus. However, you can update yourself with news applications, for instance, Mrunal, IASbaba, VisionIAS and furthermore.
Changes in UPSC exam
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), has predetermined to revise the pattern, revise and UPSC syllabus is the combination of Geologist as well as Geo-Scientist exams. Meanwhile, the UPSC has made changes and will be implemented in 2020. Similarly, the UPSC syllabus in Hindi is also available at the official site of UPSC.
Go through the changes that made:-
- Firstly, the terms of the examination have been converted into a new name i.e. Combined Geo-Scientist Examination in place of “Combined Geo-scientist and Geologist examination.”
- Secondly, the commission has chosen to discontinue the current English paper.
The new pattern of examination:-
- Stage 1 – Preliminary examination.
- Stage 2 – Main exam
- Stage 3 – Personality test.
- Firstly, This is a first exam which will be a computer-based exam.
- Secondly, It will be consists of two exams including objective type questions.
- Thirdly, Marks secured in this examination will be decision-makers for your next stage.
- The main exam has three papers for each different streams and consequently, this type of paper is descriptive pattern.
- Moreover, this paper will lead to the next step. Therefore, work hard and focus more on this step.
You will be get notified of UPSC notification. So, being a candidate your responsibility is to keep on checking the official site.
What did the UPSC Toppers Study?
Now, the main question arises, what did the toppers have studies to clear this exam. Which books they have followed? The strategies and tips of the toppers are the main mantras for the candidate who is going to appear in the exam. To clarify, the IAS syllabus in Hindi is easily available on the site of UPSC.
If clearing UPSC is your aim, therefore, you must follow this post. Moreover, we, provide you the list of all the books that have UPSC syllabus content and definitely help you to crack the exam at the very first attempt.
Nitin Singhania – Indian Art and Culture
This book is a treasure for all those who are preparing for UPSC examinations. It has an entire UPSC syllabus of Heritage and Culture. He provided the vast knowledge of Indian history in the era of paintings, art, music, and architecture with a full description of diagrams and pictures. Importantly, the content has an abundance of questions that helps the candidates who are going to appear in the examination.
M. Laxmikanth – Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations
This book is quite popular in the field of civil examinations. It does not need any explanation. This book has been renowned for a best-selling book for many years. It covers UPSC syllabus and recommended by all UPSC toppers.
Ramesh Singh – Indian economy
This book of the economy has covered comprehensive text in a proper and detailed manner. This book is a vital product, with many years of best-selling performance.
Oxford Publishers – Oxford School Atlas
This book contains more than 200 maps that can be easily understandable. Along with this, it has 94 thematic maps of India that consists of explainable diagrams and maps.
Rajiv Ahir -A Brief History of Modern India
This book deals with events that contain the decline of the Mughal Empire and East India Company and the story of British Rule. In the UPSC syllabus, General Knowledge questions can be covered in this book.
Some certain things should be considered:-
Newspaper Reading –
The newspaper should be read on a daily basis. It will definitely help you to keep updated with recent events, topics, and Current affairs. Moreover, The most preferred will be THE HINDU or THE INDIAN EXPRESS.
NCERT Books: –
The National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) books, all have studied this book. Usually, No one has an idea of how this book can be fruitful to us in our career making an exam. In other words, Follow books of VIII standard and go to up XII. It should be noted that following this book will definitely clear your general knowledge
Don’t read bulky books: –
Don’t take stress by reading bulky books. Because we don’t have research on subjects, our main motto is to clear the exam. IAS syllabus in Hindi is also provided at the site of the UPSC site.
Go for Online and Offline study mode:-
The study mode of online and offline helps you to understand things better. For further, clarification, go for an online video like Mahendra Guru and other famous study video channels. Further, the best way to check your performance is to go for online test series. However, It will really help and you will get to know about exams pattern.
What are the dark sides of UPSC?
Have you ever thought what would be the melancholy of UPSC Syllabus and Exams?
Dear Candidates, kindly take this exam as a normal exam. Don’t stress yourself. Do study for 5-7 hours a day. Firstly, the Daily preparation of this exam will surely lead to the success path. UPSC exam is an intimidating and overhyped exam. Consequently, Students get stressed and demotivated after not getting selection.
Make short notes while studying. Certainly, It will helpful for you during exams time.
Tips for cracking Civil Exams
Secondly, remain positive and take suggestions from your seniors, moreover, they will be inspired and give you certain hints for crack these exams.
Consistently, Do read 1-2 books for each subject and get updated with recent affairs. For instance, Partiyogita Darpan, Yojana as well as Civil service Times. Likewise, importantly go for Down to earth and Competition Success Review.
Stop thinking about unwanted and unnecessary things. Therefore, Keep hard-working and lead to the success path.
To sum up, UPSC is an main government exam and students in terms of lakhs appear in the exam. Therefore, work harder and lead your life to the path of Big success. In short, get updated yourself with current news, read newspapers daily on a daily basis and, most importantly follow your dreams.